COMBINE DEFENCE SERVICES
SBP institute for defence services here we are running separate batches for CDS. This institute is dedicated to young blood of our nation here we prepare students thoroughly. We give extra focus on weak students. We have the highly qualified faculty which have experience more than ten years.
CDS notification is going to publish after some days batches have been started so interested candidates can go through CDS preparation in SBP institute. Here students can get the information regarding CDS exam and how to prepare for this in short span of time.
CDS Examination Pattern
The entrance for Central Defence Services comprises of a Written Exam followed by and Intelligence and Personality Test. The details follow:
Written Examination for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy
|II||General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|III||Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
|II||General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
Written Examination for Officers’ Training Academy
General (but important) instructions about written examination
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of Objective (multiple choice answers) Type questions only.
- SI units will be used in the papers and Candidates should use only International form of Indian numerals (i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc.) while answering question papers.
- Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
For more detailed exam instructions for Conventional and Objective type papers go through Exam Instructions
For Syllabus of the papers check the CDS Subject list.
- The Union Public Service Commission will declare a qualified list of candidates (based on the written exam).
- The selected candidates will appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test.
- The total maximum marks for the interview will be 200 for OTA and 300 for IMA, Naval and Air Force.
- Candidates for the Air Force wing and Naval Aviation will also undergo a Pilot Aptitude Test.
Two Stage Selection Procedures
- Two stage selection procedures will be based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
- All the candidates will be put to stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres.
- Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage.
- Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the original Certificates along with one photocopy each of :
- Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth
- Bachelor’s Degree along with mark sheets in support of educational qualification
- For final qualification, candidates should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination and (ii) SSB test as fixed by the Commission in their discretion.
- Qualified candidates will then be placed in the final order of merit on the basis of total marks secured by them in the written examination and the Services Selection Board Tests.
- The final selection for admission will be made in order of merit depending on the number of vacancies in each wing.
- The selection will be subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects
CDS Syllabus 2017: The booklet of CDS 2017 will have questions from Maths, General Knowledge and English. The elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level while the standard of papers in other subjects will be of a graduate of an Indian University.
CDS Syllabus 2017 for English
|The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words|
- CDS Syllabus 2017 for General Knowledge
|Latest Current Affairs, Indian Constitution, Indian History, Indian Economy, Indian Geography, Indian Politics, Indian Navy & Military, Religions, Books & Authors, Sports, Awards, Statement true/false etc.|
- CDS Syllabus 2017 for Elementary Mathematics
Number System – Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation
Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables
Algebra – Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknown – analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear in equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Trigonometry: Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0° <_x < 90° Values of Sin X, Cos X And Tan X, For X = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°, Simple trigonometric identities, Use of trigonometric tables, Simple cases of heights and distances
Geometry: Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normal, (ix) Loci.
Mensuration: Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Statistics: Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency
- What is CDS SSB:
- Intelligence and Personality Test: The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors’ viz. Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and Psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all tests. In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board. All these have equal weight age.