AIR FORCE (Y) GROUP
SBP institute is running batches for air force Y group exam. This institute is especially dedicated to defence services. Here we provide you congenial ambience in classes. This is the only institute in India which generates excellent result in air force x, y group. We have great history of producing highest selection since 2003.
This is the very fruitful article for non-tech Y group candidates here SBP institute sharing all kind of fundamental information for air force Y group candidates can read this article and also share this information with other candidates here we will discuss exam pattern syllabus selection process and medical examination process.
Indian Air Force Group Y Exam
Indian Air Force Group Y Exam is conducted for technical trade vacancies of Communication and Automobile assistant and non-technical trade vacancies. Candidates selected on the basis of merit through this written test will be deployed for Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) at Basic Training Institute Belgaum (Karnataka) for a period of 12 weeks. Basic combat training is imparted to all candidates during basic training. After basic training candidates are given training in particular skill.
Trades offered under technical and non-technical specializations
•Services Assistant (ESSA)
•Ground Training Instructor
•Indian Air Force (Police)
•Indian Air Force (Security)
Indian Air Force Group Y Exam 2017 Eligibility Criteria:-
Group ‘Y’ Trades ( Except Med Assistant and Musician):-
•Age Limit:- Candidates aged between 17 and 21 years of age are eligible to apply.
•Educational Qualification:- Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / equivalent examination in any stream / subject approved by Central / State Education Boards with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English
Passed two years vocational course affiliated / recognised by CBSE / State Education Boards / Councils duly recognised at par with 10+2 by AIU with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate, and 50% marks in English in Vocational Course or in Intermediate / Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course
Group ‘Y’ : Med Assistant Trade:-
•Age Limit:- Candidates aged between 17 and 21 years of age are eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualification:-Passed 10+2 / Intermediate / equivalent exam with subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in EnglishGroup ‘Y’ : Musician TradeAge Limit:-Candidates aged between 17 and 19 years of age are eligible to apply.Educational Qualification:- Passed Matriculation / 10th class or equivalent with minimum pass marks from any government recognised School/boards and proficient in playing at least one of the following
- musical instruments: Trumpet / Bass / Violin / Saxophone / Clarinet / Euphonium / Jazz-Drum / Piccolo / Bass Trombone / Key Board / Guitar / Viola / Cello / Contra Bass (String Bass).
Job Profile of Group Y Trades 2017
Communication Assistant: A communication Assistant’s responsibilities includes
– operation, servicing and maintenance of all types of state of the art communication devices, telephone exchange and radio equipment.
Automobile Technician: The job profile of an automobile technician includes
– driving all types of light, medium and heavy automobiles, load carriers and specialist vehicles like cranes, towing tractors, fork lifters etc. subject to service exigencies.
– carrying out minor repairs, day to day maintenance and basic level servicing of the common user vehicles and specialist vehicles in the Indian Air Force inventory.
Administration Assistant: An admin assistant will be responsible for
-maintenance and nasalization of records, files and information of personnel.
-managing ration supplies, cook houses and messes.
Accts Assistant- An accounts assistant’s responsibilities include
– recording and managing accounting of pay and allowances, equipment, logistics transactions, public fund and cash flow etc.
-Responsible of nursing and first-aid
-Involvement in management of medical stores, dispensaries and ward supervision.
Logistics Assistant: A logistic assistant would be
-involved in the procurement, storage and handling inventory control as well as accounting of military stores.
Environment Support Services Assistant (ESSA)
-This job involves maintenance of the fire fighting section. It also requires that you ensure the upkeep of hygiene of Air Force Campus.
-An Ops Assistant is responsible for operation of various systems of Air Traffic Control Centre, Air Field and Air Defence System.
If you are a Meteorological Assistant, you are trained to undertake weather observation and to maintain meteorological instruments. You are also responsible for plotting of charts, taking balloon observations and compilation of weather summaries.
Ground Training Instructor
As a Ground Training Instructor, you will train personnel on drill, parade, handling of arms and physical exercise. You are also responsible for organizing and conducting all games and sports activities.
Indian Air Force (Police)
In the position of Indian Air Force (Police) your responsibilities involve assuming police duties and investigation of offences. You are also in-charge of maintenance of security.
Indian Air Force (Security)
As an Indian Air Force (Security) tradesman, you are to undertake special operations and carry out high level security operations.
As a Musician you will become a part of the Air Force Band. You will be trained to play different musical instruments.
Indian Air Force Group Y Exam Registration / Application Form
The selection of Airmen in the IAF is conducted through All India Selection Tests and Recruitment Rallies. All India Selection Tests are conducted at the Airmen Selection Centres (ASCs) located all over India as per schedule, whereas the Recruitment Rallies are conducted from time to time in selected areas/regions of particular States/Union Territories of the country.
Indian Air Force Group Y Exam 2017 Syllabus
IAF Group Y Exam Syllabus:-
a small passage followed by questions.
1. to judge comprehension
2. Drawing of inferences
3. Use of vocabulary
1. Agreement of subject with verb
2. Pattern of verb and their use.
3. Sequence of tenses.
4. Transformation of sequences-Compound, Complex, Simple, Negative, Affirmative.
2. Word formation
3. Antonyms and Synonyms
4. One word substitution
5. Correct usage of articles
6. Correct usage of Prepositions
7. Correct usage of adjectives-degrees of comparison
8. Correct usage of conjunctions
9. Correct usage of Nouns and Pronouns
10. Correct usage of numbers (Singular-Plural)
11. Words, which are commonly getting confused
12. Word order
13. Correct usage of Adverbs
IV. Idioms and Phrases
1. Use of simple idioms
2. Use of Common proverbs
V. Direct / Indirect sentences: Narration change
- Change of various types of sentences from direct to indirect form
2. Change of various types of sentences from indirect to direct form
- VI. Active and Passive Voices
- Change of all types of sentences from active to passive form
2. Change of all types of sentences from passive to active form
- REASONING AND GENERAL AWARENESS (RGA)(A) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)1. Numerical Series
2. Distance and Direction Sense Test
3. Mathematical Operations (Assigning Value to Arithmetic Sign)
4. Number Ranking & Time Sequence Test
5. Assign Artificial Values to Mathematical Digit
6. Inserting Correct Mathematical Digit
7. Human Relation
8. Coding and Decoding
9. Odd Man Out
10. Mutual Relation Problem
11. Tallest Youngest Relation
12. Dictionary Words
14. Non Verbal Reasoning
15. Number Coding
16. Number Puzzle(B) Mathematics17. Ratio and proportion
19. LCM, HCF
20. Profit and Loss
21. Time, Distance and Speed
23. Simplification of Numbers
25. Area of Triangle, Square and Rectangle
26. Surface area and Volume of Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone and Sphere
28. Simple Trigonometry(C) GK and CA
29. General Science
32. Current Events
34. Basic Computer Operation
Indian Air Force Group Y Exam 2017 Paper Pattern:-
Group ‘Y’ (Non-Technical) Trades:- Candidates are tested in English and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA). Duration of written test will be 45 minutes.
Group ‘Y’ (Musician) Trades:- Candidates are tested in English dictation and proficiency to play the musical instrument applied for.
Written Test will be objective type and question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi), except for English paper. Written test will be based on CBSE syllabus up to class XII syllabus. Candidates are to qualify in each paper/test separately. Result of written test is declared on the same day.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):- Candidates passing the written test are to undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Passing the PFT is mandatory. The PFT for all trades [except IAF (Security)] consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minutes. The PFT for IAF (Security) trade includes a 2.4 Km run & 5 Km run to be completed in 15 minutes & 30 minutes respectively.
Candidates above 27 years of age will be given relaxation in PFT timing as per existing norms (Applicable to serving NC (E) s only). Candidates completing PFT faster are awarded additional marks on a sliding scale.
Interview:- Candidates passing PFT will be interviewed by a team of Officers & Warrant ranks. Interview is normally conducted in English. Working knowledge of English is thus essential.
Trade Allocation Test (TAT):- Candidates of Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades who qualify in interview are to undergo Trade Allocation Test for bifurcation into Mechanical and Electronics stream. Specific trade allotment within these streams will be carried out at Basic Training Institute (BTI), Air Force (Belgaum).
Medical: – Candidates who have been recommended in the interview will be medically examined by the Recruitment Medical Team as per Indian Air Force Medical Standards.
All India Select List (AISL):- Candidates who pass the Written Test, complete PFT within the given time, clear the interview and Medical Examination will be included in the All India Select List (AISL). The inclusion of names of the candidates in the AISL depends upon the performance of candidates in the Selection Test and number of vacancies to be filled. Candidates are enrolled in the Indian Air Force as per the existing vacancies.