SBP Advance learning and Personality development classes
SBP institute India’s leading institute for defence service’s examination has decided to start personality development classes for the candidates who are preparing for (NDA CDS AFCAT X, Y- GROUP, NAVY SSR) Many candidates who come from remote background their communication skill is not so impressive. And they face many problems while giving SSB. So SBP has decided not only to provide the best coaching for defence examination but also to arrange the best personality development classes so that SBP candidates don’t face any problems regarding communication. SBP provides you the best faculty for personality development and spoken classes which helps in your overall personality development.
Language is our primary source of communication. It’s the method through which we share our ideas and thoughts with others. When we talk about English language it is the most important language in terms of speaking. English speaking is most important in today’s era. There are several factors that make the English language essential to communication in our current time. First of all, it is the most common foreign language. This means that two people who come from different countries (for example, a Mexican and a Swede) usually use English as a common language to communicate. That’s why everyone needs to learn the language in order to get in touch on an international level. Speaking it will help you communicate with people from countries all over the world, not just English-speaking ones.
The Internet, the majority of websites are written and created in English. Even sites in other languages often give you the option to translate the site. It’s the primary language of the press: more newspapers and books are written in English than in any other language, and no matter where in the world you are, you will find some of these books and newspapers available. In fact, because it is so dominant in international communication, you will find more information regarding nearly every subject if you can speak this language.
Why is it important to have good communication skills?
Communication is a vital life skill, developing your communication skills can benefit you in all aspects of your life, from your professional life to social gatherings, in business communicating effectively with clients and colleagues is one of the most essential skills a candidate can have. In a 2016 survey,
Employers ranked “Ability to verbally communicate with persons inside and outside the organisation” as the number one skill or quality they look for in a candidate
.It is the heart of every organisation. Everything you do in the organisation results from communication. Therefore good reading, writing, speaking and listening skills are essential. As you develop your career you will find various reasons why successful communication skills are important to you.
What is personality development? And why does it is important in today’s era?
Personality of a person is defined as the amalgamation of qualities and attributes which contribute to the person’s character and image. It arises from within and makes us who we are. The personality of an individual is determined and judged by his/her appearance, be haviour, attitude, education, values and some more varying characteristics. Personality development is the process of developing a set of characteristics and traits which contribute to the overall personality of a person. Personality development is often confused with enhancing your dressing sense or just gaining proficiency over English language. A person who dresses well and speaks fluent English isn’t necessarily supposed to have a good personality. Personality development is an all round development.
How Communication Skills crucial for cracking SSB Interview?
Cracking SSB (Services Selection Board) Interview is not impossible. SBP has always been advocating this fact. But at the same time, it is not a task that is too easy! Otherwise, many candidates would have got recommended after SSB screening interview. Out of the Lakhs of students appearing for the exam, only a handful is recommended after they clear the interview. Today SBP will describe how Communication Skills plays an important role in determining the chances of success of candidates, when it comes to SSB interviews.
Each year, Lakhs of candidates appear for written exams like NDA (National Defence Academy) and CDS (Combined Defence Services) etc. Thousands make it through and manage to win themselves a seat for the SSB interview.
But what’s interesting is the fact that majority of the shortlisted candidates get rejected after the first round of SSB! And after the end of the week long interview processes, handful of them get recommended.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FORM AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE FOLLOWING TESTS-
In group discussion test, a topic is given to a set of students, who sit in a circle formation. They are to discuss and debate, based on that topic. The discussion has to be a healthy one, with no place for physical play in it.
In this test, a candidate has to impress everyone with authority in his tone and speech. It is not necessary to dominate the proceeding at the discussion from start to end. Putting up some valid points, with a sense of confidence and authority, is enough to create an impression.
The candidate may be challenged by fellow aspirants. But one shouldn’t lose cool and retort angrily. One should keep cool, and manage the situation systematically. When someone puts up a valid point, one shouldn’t refrain from supporting them and appreciating them.
SBP English speaking and personality development classes basically focuses on
- The students will now move into advanced levels of grammar which will be overtly functional.
- Supervised conversation lessons to put grammar in practice.
- To revise and make grammar fun, games and “grammar gymnastics” used.
- IDIOMS, PHRASES, MODEL SENTENCES + EXPRESSIONS form an important part of the classroom session.
- Conversation skills are enhanced through group discussions, presentations, and story narrations.
- Fluency building techniques are introduced.
- Public speaking is encouraged so that each student is able to gain confidence to speak in the language.
- Grilling sessions are made compulsory
- Vocabulary building is functional yet more advanced and lengthy.
- Games and vocabulary drill sessions are introduced.
- Memory aids are taught to help retain vocabulary that is enhanced in these sessions.
- Pronunciation and intonation drills are introduced along with voice and accent training.
- Elocutions, column reading and drama presentations are added.
At the end of this course you become a more confident and fluent speaker of English and are more familiar with the nuances of the language.
- GDs and debates are emphasized and encouraged.
- Presentation and public speaking skills are taught by professionals.
- Mock interviews are conducted.
- Story and column reading is made compulsory
- Management games are also introduced
- Panel discussions are conducted.
- Audio + video classes become more advanced.
- Hi Tech gadgets are used to hone speech perfection.
- Foreign guests are invited to interact with students.
- Vocabulary taught is advanced and etymological.
- Words based on names from English literature, the Holy Bible, and Greek mythology are focused upon.
- Words taken from different languages are also introduced.
- Professional vocabulary and specialized terminology are stressed upon.
- Business English vocabulary is taught.
- Portmanteau words are also included.
VOCABULARY Building tricks
At the end of this module you will be able to speak good English coupled with a rich and powerful vocabulary not only your vocabulary has reached new and very advanced levels, you also are able to express yourself freely in the language.
At the end of the course students start expressing themselves in correct and simple sentences. They are more confident and do not shy from talking in English.
The courses offered in SBP personality development classes
- Occupational English Test (OET)
Being an International English Test, OET is considered as a verification of the candidate’s ability to communicate effectively in many organizations including hospitals and universities. Moreover, it is acclaimed by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection for a visa.
We at SBP guide students to score better in Occupational English Test. We have designed our sessions to improve reading, writing, listening and speaking fluency of the students and make them eligible to qualify the examination.
Spoken English foundation
Our Foundation course is a must for beginners. To have a basic understanding of English, it’s very important to have a foundation lesson that helps in introducing the basic concepts to all those learners for whom English is a new language. It helps them to get familiar with the usage of English in everyday life.
– Formation of sentence structure
– Build daily use vocabulary
– Enhancement of Basic communication
– Importance and relevance of Tenses in usage
Spoken English Advance
This course is meant for students who have fair knowledge of grammar and vocabulary but are hesitant and under confident. They may also have incorrect pronunciation.
– Advance Grammar for construction & usage of complex sentences
– Advance vocabulary
– Appropriate usage of idiomatic phrases
– Improve public speaking skills
– Extempore session, group activities & flip overs
– Audio-visual aids
Voice and Accent
This course provides training to all students who have faulty diction and are hindered by their heavy mother tongue influence. The course also aims at providing the right articulation and inculcating a neutral accent for free flowing communication.
– Accent neutralization (Global Accent)
– Plosives & sounds (nasal & throaty)
– Difference in US & UK English
– Time Zones
– Geographical boundaries
– American slang
– Voice modulation
– Pitch & Tone Training
– Vowel and consonant sounds
– Phenomena of phonetics
The aim of the course is to recognize the different ways a person thinks and responds to any situation. The course is to improve and change the inner traits like attitude, confidence, deportment and perception. It also comprises of improving their physical appearance, grooming their body language, and steering them towards a positive approach to life.
– SWOT Analysis
– Inner Personality Development
– Role of motivation & body language
– Filling the GAP
G – Grooming
A – Attitude
P – Personality
Interview Techniques and Advance Group Discussion
The objective of this course is to prepare the candidate for facing any job interview. Since Group discussion (GD) plays an important role in getting a job, this course gives an opportunity to an individual to develop his/her public speaking skills unhesitatingly.
– Preliminaries of an Interview
– Writing CV or Résumé
– Mock Sessions
– Effective self-introduction
– Reasons of rejection
– Overcome hindrances (Lack of confidence/hesitation)
– Difference between hearing & listening
– Body Language
– Voice Mapping
– Conducts during GD
Creative writing Skill
This course provides a link between vocabulary and imagination. Students, who are chained with a set vocabulary, don’t develop skills to conceive ideas beyond their limited imagination and end up sounding repetitive and boring. As a result they don’t evolve. Creative writing gives those wings to their deepest intimate emotions as we help them develop a skill that lasts for a lifetime.
– How to create a backdrop for a storyline
– Conceptualizing an idea, formation of the plot & subplots
– Progression of the story towards climax through imagination and creativity.
– Various Formats
– Closing of narrative with different ends: Open and loose end, multiple layered end
– Enrich your flair for writing by using phrases, similes, metaphors and symbols, monologues and dialogues, satires, punning, paradoxical situations and soliloquy
Course Duration- SBP institute of advance learning will provide you 90 days spoken classes and SBP feels this is the sufficient time for all over personality development.
Extra classes available for weak and remote candidates.